The U.S. Probation Office for the District of SC is recruiting for the following positions:
- There are no vacancies at this time.
- DSC Release Authorization
- Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment (updated 2021)
- Request for Consumer Report Information
The minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree and two years of specialized experience; an advanced degree is preferred. Officers are classified as hazardous duty, invoking certain mandates:
- Appointment must occur prior to the applicant's 37th birthday since retirement is mandatory upon reaching age 57.
- A medical exam and drug test is required prior to appointment.
- Random urinalyses occur during an officer's career.
- Appointment requires approval of the federal judges in our district.
- Appointments are provisional until a favorable background investigation is conducted by the Offices of Personnel Management (OPM).
- Reinvestigations by OPM occur during an officer's career at five-year intervals.
- Officers are required to attend a six-week training course at the Federal Probation and Pretrial Academy in Charleston, SC.
Various support, administrative, and IT positions are advertised as vacancies occur and minimum requirements are contingent on the respective duties and responsibilities.